She is a mama to three beautiful (nieces and nephews) & is an Usborne Book Consultant.
This girl right here has the biggest heart.
So Ashley & I decided to collaborate in a big way. Last year I hosted a book party for her & received an insane amount of rewards. I was able to purchase books for my kiddos basically for the whole year. I did so well, I also bought each of my nephews a book for Christmas. (I have 5 of them) So I wanted to host one again… but this one isn’t for me you guys…
As many of you know Cancer took my Papa’s life in late June of this year. It has been my mission to raise money to go toward the cause in anyway I possibly can. Ashley & I are teaming up to hold a book party for the Hematology-Oncology Unit at Children’s Hospital in Pittsburgh. The plan is to put together as many care packages as we can. These will include a little bag, several books, and a special stuffed animal, coloring books, crayons, ect.
Here is how you can get involved.
- Donations. We are going to promote a donation page through the “You Caring” fundraising site from Monday October, 23rd at 5 PM until Saturday October 28th at 12 PM. You can click HERE to go directly to the page and make a donation.
- Purchase books through our Shop the Box online party – where if you live in our area you don’t have to worry about paying the extra fees for shipping. Join us Thursday, October 26th beginning at 7:30 PM. We will be decked out in our holiday gear… ready to host this party. We will repost the video for any of you who missed it & the party will close on Saturday, October 28th at noon.
Thinking creatively when you are engaging in the Shop the Box:
- Purchase books for you own children (We will benefit from the rewards!)
- Purchase for children in your life (We will again, benefit from the rewards!)
- Purchase a specific book for the patients at Children’s (Every book counts!)
The more we sell, the more rewards we get. Those rewards will 100% go back into MORE books for these children. The more donations we get, the more bags we fill!
Ashley has already agreed to use 100% of her commission to buy additional products so we are able to create these little packages for the kiddos to open.
I am taking 15% of each of my holiday mini sessions to put back into this cause as well.
Bonus: We are doing TWO give-aways.
- For any of you givers that donate to this cause, you will be entered in a drawing for $25 off a future family session with Lawrence+grace!
- If any of you attend and engage in the shop the box event on Thursday… you will be entered in a drawing for a free book.
Cancer is a horrible disease… these kids are fighting… let’s brighten their spirits this holiday season.